Munich Pocket Travel Guide
Munich is a beautiful city to visit all year round. If the Bavaria capital is on your holiday list, make sure not to miss the most important touristic attractions.
The city is situated in the south of Bavaria, and it’s famous for its fine culture, beautiful architecture and the annual beer celebration, Oktoberfest. The cultural scene in Munich is the best in Germany, and some even consider its museums to outrank those in Berlin.
- The Deutsches Museum displays an impressive collection of technology and science exhibits, and its location on the IsarRiver is perfect for those who wish to enjoy a relaxing afternoon stroll.
- The EnglischerGarten impresses with beautiful lakes, expensive greens and beer gardens. It is a perfect place for a long walk or a bike ride.
- The Gärtnerplatz and the adjoining Glockenbachviertel have everything you need for a relaxing timeinMunich: shops,cafes,restaurants and trendy bars.
- The Frauenkirche Church Tower offers an amazing panorama of the center of Munich. You will have to climb 86 steps to get to the elevator, but the view is worth it.
- If you want to experience the real farmers’ market-style shopping, go to Viktualienmarkt and buy some fresh produce. You can also taste some local food and have a great time at the beer garden.
How to get there
The fastest, most comfortable, but not so cheap way to get from the airport to the destination you need is with a Munich taxi company. There are plenty to choose from, each of them offering attractive packages and prices according to your needs.
This company offers private or shared transfer with a taxi or minibus to any part of Bavaria or Germany. Simply fill in the online booking form, make the payment and the driver will be there on your arrival day.
This company takes you to the major ski resorts and allows you to choose the transfer options that is best for you.
Four Seasons Travel
Four Seasons Travel organizes transfers from the airport to Mayrhofen, Ischgl, Solden, Kitzbuhel and many other destinations.
By choosing a Munich taxi company you can choose what vehicle you want to travel with and you will get to your destination fast, safe and comfortable, without having to worry about finding the public transportation stations, buying tickets or carry your heavy luggage and maybe skis in buses or trains.